5 Reasons Why You May Need to Trade in Your Flip Phone for a Smartphone
It’s 2020 and if you look around you will see everyone with their heads down, glued to their smartphones. Search the internet you will find many reports, content pieces, analysis and more all about the addiction we have to our smart devices. So one may argue, why should I trade in my reliable flip phone for a smartphone? We get it, you’ve had your flip phone since you can remember, and it’s hard to break up with anything you’ve had for that long. However, we have a few ideas for why you might finally want to flip that phone down for good.
Here are 5 reasons you may want to trade in your flip phone for a smartphone right now!
1. Video calls with your loved ones Scared you might miss your kid’s first step or your grandchildren’s blowing out their birthday cake? Well, fret no more! Smartphones allow you to feel like you’re really there by using video calls, so you can be face to face with all the action. You don’t want to be the one face they don’t know or remember, do you?
2. Need to get an escape for a day or a ride out of the city? As the world is opening back up, the future of mobility is here at your fingertips with app services such as Scoot, Uber, Lyft and Getaround. Having a smartphone makes it easy as 1-2-3 to order a safe ride and save yourself time and money, and have you at the beach in no time.
3. Get the creative juices flowing again Been itching to learn a new language, listen to trending podcasts, or learn that new dance move everyone is doing? With a smartphone, you can be mobile and learn at your own pace and time. Venture out to the park, pop in a pair of headphones (we’ll get to earbuds next time--baby steps) and begin to learn Spanish by using one of the many language apps available today. Also, with services like Audible, you’ll be able to catch up with some reading--well listening, that you’ve been looking to begin.
4. Stay on top of your health We know, these new smartphones all tout amazing cameras, battery life, etc. etc., and yes, that may not mean a lot to you, but there’s so much more packed into these devices. There are tons of features in smartphones that actually help to monitor your health, and apps like Headspace and Calm are great for establishing healthy mental and sleep habits. Whether you like to workout indoors or out, smartphones offer ways to maximize your healthy lifestyle choices and keep your fitness goals on track.
5. If Warren Buffett can do it, so can you That’s right, the billionaire investor, and one of Apple’s largest shareholders, finally traded in his Samsung SCH-U320 flip phone for an iPhone in January 2020 at the ripe old age of 89. Although he says he mainly uses it for calls, he does occasionally check-in on the market.
While smartphones can open a wide range of doors that flip phones can’t, we still say take everything in moderation. Here at Palm, we urge our users to apply that in their digital life also. Tech can consume us at times, especially with its lists of entertainment apps and games out there. There are many resources available to help teach you how to manage your time on smart devices, including books such as “24/6,” by Tiffany Shlain, that shows you how to unplug for a day and the benefits thereof. There are also smartphones that are now designed to help curb screen time and allow you to live more in the moment.
Inspired to switch in your flip phone and step into modern times? Be sure to check out Palm and see if it fits into your lifestyle.
If you’re interested in a phone that will help you live life easy in 2020, it’s a great time to get a Palm. You can save $70 on an Unlocked Palm PLUS get a free screen protector when you buy an unlocked Palm today! We also offer financing options through Affirm with payments as low as $25/month as well as affordable mobile plans through US Mobile—with plans starting at just $5/month.
With Palm, we make it as easy as possible to connect on your terms so that you can regain control over your digital life without breaking the bank. Join our #PalmCrew today!