Protect Your Palm: Introducing the Accident Protection Plan
We’ve all done it at some point. One minute you think you have everything under control, and the next your phone is splayed out on the ground with shattered pieces of the screen everywhere. We understand, and we got you!
We’re excited to announce a new accident protection plan for Palm users. We’ve partnered with Clyde to offer one, two and three year plans that are now available for purchase to protect your Palm. For as little as $26.49, you can make sure your Palm purchase is protected in case of drops, spills, power surges and more!
We know you probably have some questions, so here is a little more information about our new accident protection plan:
Who is Clyde?
Clyde is an insurance technology company that has built a marketplace of top-rated insurers and administrators. Clyde enables Palm to offer our customers great product protection coverage. Palm will work closely with Clyde to manage our protection plan program.
What is included in the protection plan?
This plan allows you to extend your warranty and can protect your Palm from water damage, power surges, drops and more. Once purchased, the plan will take effect immediately so there’s no gap in coverage.
What ISN’T included in the protection plan?
This plan doesn’t cover any improper work done by a third party, including installing software, that damages the phone. Similarly, this plan does not cover any cosmetic damage like scratches, or if a product was delivered damaged. Loss or theft is also not covered as part of this plan.
Who qualifies for a protection plan?
You have to have purchased your Palm through Palm.com only and located in the United States in order to qualify for this accident protection plan. Only customers who have purchased a Palm within the last 30 days and hereafter are able to qualify for this plan.
How can I purchase a protection plan?
There are three ways to add a Clyde Protection Plan for your Palm:
- Palm.com website
- You can choose the Clyde protection plan option at checkout when purchasing your Palm.
- Through the link in the post-purchase email within 30 days of purchasing the product.
- After purchase, you should receive an email from Clyde offering the option to add protection. You can click the link in the email which will direct you to the Clyde website. When using the email to purchase a Clyde protection plan, there is no need to create a Clyde account prior to the purchase of the plan.
- Directly from Clyde’s customer portal, HiClyde.com
- You will have 30 days from the date of your Palm purchase or the delivery date (if provided to Clyde) to purchase a protection plan. It will be necessary to create a Clyde account prior to completing the plan purchase through this method. You must use the same email address that was used when purchasing Palm through Palm.com when creating an account to link to your sales order from Palm.
Is this plan transferable?
Yes, this plan can be transferred to anyone within the United States. To initiate the transfer of a plan, please reach out to email@example.com.
For more information and answers to other frequently asked questions including how to file a claim, check out our support page here.